YES! Email marketing is one of the most important parts of your company’s marketing plan.
And yes, I know you’ve probably heard this before…
But do you know WHY?
Your business needs email marketing because it is one of the only online marketing methods that is a direct connection between you and your target market, niche, clients and/or potential clients. Believe it or not, your mailing list is “worth it’s weight in gold”.
It is unlike social media, where at any given moment, you’re competing with a flood of other content in the feeds to get attention. Even though it is relevant, it’s harder to gain the attention from your readers, like you can with email.
Here are some interesting email marketing stats from Business2Community.com for 2020 that show it is a vital piece of your marketing process.
- “74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement.”
- “53% of marketers say ongoing, personalized communication with existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact.”
- “68% of millennials say promotional emails have influenced their purchase decisions.”
That direct communication line between you and your reader through your email marketing means:
- There is an opportunity to grow the relationship with your readers and foster the “know-like-trust” factor.
You are not going to buy from someone you don’t know, don’t like or don’t trust, but you will, if you do. This means it could take time for your readers to get to know you better and that relationship can be developed through your emails over time.
- You can develop and enrich the connection by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
The content you send your readers should be one that is helpful, useful and relevant. If your newsletter can benefit the subscriber, they will value it and perhaps even share it. If it doesn’t then, you may lose them.
- Your emails can also help market your existing and new products and services.
Having a valuable newsletter and emails for your subscribers, doesn’t mean you cannot inform them of new products and services that you have to offer. Just don’t overwhelm them with it. Showcase one at a time.
- Email marketing can help grow your business.
Business growth is what we are all after – right? The purpose of all your marketing – email marketing, blogging, social media, speaking, sales, lead magnets etc is exactly this for this purpose.
Grow your company revenue, online presence and your mailing list with email marketing. Get started today!
Every newsletter (and yes you should be sending out a newsletter for your business) should be a valuable resource that showcases the knowledge that you have to share. It must also be a well-rounded representation of your business.